Saturday, August 13, 2011

Chantilly - Day 21

Tonight the kitten was sleeping so I was able to spend some time on the house again - I will pay for this solitude at approximately 6am when she decides it's time to be played with again.

I finished off the siding in the 2nd storey eaves, put another coat of enamel on the porch posts and added board roofing to the porch.  I knew I didn't want dark stain on the roof but didn't really want to go with the the lighter stain or paint either - the solution, mix the stains and see what happens.

At this point all I have left to do is permanently install the fireplace, finish painting the dining room set, a few more coats of enamel on the trimwork/posts and finish the porch foundation (lost a piece to the kitten, will have to make a new one) and this thing is ready to go into a box!  Just in time for the move, I couldn't have timed it better.

I am still debating putting boards on the porch floor, but that would involve altering the door and I'm fairly certain it's not moving any time soon.  I guess the doors aren't hinged so they could be built up around and it wouldn't cause any further mechanical issues... but I'm too tired to make that decision tonight.




No comments:

Post a Comment