Thursday, December 8, 2011

A House in 22 Days - Day 3

Nothing exciting to post on day 2, and then we took a day off lol.  So Day 3, the TP stucco on the chimney is done and the core structure has been firmly glued to the base.  The kitten has knocked my can of latex white off the shelf, so the majority of that was soaked into the carpet by the time I discovered an accident had befallen my new gallon of paint.  As a result the stucco was done with ceiling paint this go around, and I think it's better!  It covered well and dried quickly.  This has been noted for the next round of stucco!

The wallpaper is fabric mod-podged on to the wood.  Ben wanted very girly colours for the house, and they seem quite dark placed together.  I think white trim-work will brighten the rooms up, and I keep forgetting there is a solarium to go on the ground floor - this house certainly isn't just a box with windows!

I put lighter paper on the kitchen side of the house before he could notice what I was doing, so there will be one bright room here anyway!  I have some hutches I picked up at michaels, i'm hoping that the tops can be removed and used to make overhead cabinets but I haven't sized this up yet.

The second picture is terrible quality, I simply was too lazy to walk across the room to snap it off - the back side of this chimney is an immense blank canvas, I want to imbed something to break up the solid mass of white, I was thinking a large bronze sun, or a clock face - any ideas on this my creative readers?

No comments:

Post a Comment