Monday, February 6, 2012

Scratch build - day 5

I've actually lost count of the days because I've been picking at this house between other tasks / while procrastinating going in to the office.  I don't know if it's burn out from the christmas house in such a short time or if I'm actually stuck on what to do next, either way it's extremely slow going on this little house so far.

I have been working on the staircase in an attempt to get something which looks authentic and is "functional" (as functional as a 1:12 scale staircase can be anyway).  I have the risers in place and now i'm attempting to figure out where on earth I put my newel posts!  I have a vision of these stairs of flowing arches with Victorian opulence oozing off every tread, and I have a saw and glue, but I haven't the faintest idea how to achieve it!

My next small step will be cutting the second floor - once that is done I can make my lighting plan and start getting some wallpaper up - once I hit that point I think the process will resume it's normal faster than lightning pace.

This house is much, much larger than I had originally planned it to be, I think I may be getting overwhelmed!

No comments:

Post a Comment