Friday, July 8, 2011

Chantilly - Arrival

I've decided to build my mother a dollhouse for Christmas, I've wanted to do this for the last few years but always think of it in November when there isn't possibly enough time to do the anal-retentive and far-more-complicated-than-need-be job on it.

Shipping the finished product across the country is also a necessary consideration, as such I opted (against consistent advice) to go with a half scale model.  Complications with half scale dollhouses that were mentioned were:
1.  scarce building materials - it is much more difficult to source out accessories such as mouldings, hardware, wallpapers, furnishings.
2.  What materials that are available are approximately double in price
3.  the smaller scale is more difficult to work with simply because of the painstaking care required to obtain any level of detail.

Looking at the tiny pile of the thinnest plywood I have ever seen, I can definitely believe this. I have to say at this point, I feel panic and a bit of stress at the thought of taking on this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment