Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Chantilly - Day 15

Disaster!  It appears my measurements were ever so slightly off and the window frames aren't thick enough to cover the edges of the siding!!

After siding the lower half of the side wall it's painfully apparent that the frames should have had a subframe built.  Now I have to figure out some what to make window frames to go over the window frames and somehow have it still look decent.  I sense a lot of carefuly snipping in my future... oh so careful snipping.  Maybe the siding should be removed and a clay exterior constructed, or perhaps a flat board siding.

I was so pleased with the little window sills too, I think that's the true salt in the wound.  Especially after spending hours coating these things with layer after layer of white paint and then enamel!


 I know it's not ruined, I just need to figure out a plan so that I can continue on with confidence... to the doll house forum!

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?

3 comments:

  1. Could you order the window trim sheets from Greenleaf? Maybe they could just be doubled up

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your best option is to double up the frames. Trace the shapes before you do any more siding, then carefully cut some out of a basswood sheet. You won't have as much of a window sill when you're done, but you'll still have one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could build on the window sill as well, wood glue is amazing stuff, if it doesn't stick out enough. Crisis resolved methinks. Thanks guys!

    ReplyDelete