Monday, July 25, 2011

Chantilly - Day 14

When I got home I found that, to my dismay, the wood glue actually had done all promised and securely fastened the bay window walls to the ceiling of the veranda.  Pull and pry as I may, those walls weren't going anywhere.  Thankfully, I am the owner of a dremel!

I sanded the tabs off the bottom pieces and used this supreme wood glue to secure the walls to the flooring installed earlier and the floor piece.  A few taps with Thor and the veranda secured to the front of the structure quite nicely and was then secured with tape.. lots and lots of tape... and books... lots and lots of big heavy books.

I have also installed the rest of the framing on the corners of the house and have my first coat of paint on the siding strips.  A few coats of white paint prior to the siding install and I will be well on my way to the next phase - landscaping.

The dining room set I had ordered earlier arrived today, I forgot I had gotten one in a mahogany finish, I was sure I ordered it in white to compliment the dining room trim / paper.  This week I will have to run up to PM Hobbycraft and pick up some white enamel to correct this gross error in furniture judgement.  Otherwise I'm quite pleased with it - I hadn't gotten the tip that 1/24 scale furniture was a bit tricker to buy because of the difference in scale between manufacturers but so far everything appears to be golden.


I wanted to see how difficult installing this siding would be and ensure that my corner caps were deep enough to accommodate the siding, so I did the installation on the back side of the house rather than futz around with the windows tonight.  It went much faster than the shingling, so I'm pretty much tickled pink!

No comments:

Post a Comment