Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Chantilly - Day 10

Day 10 wasn't terribly exciting, I sanded / varathaned the floors, this should be their last coat as they're starting to have a pretty good sheen to them.  I continued shingling, now all that's left is 1 & 1/4 roof sections, I should be able to paint it by Monday.

I'm still debating if I want to go with wooden siding or use these fettuccine strips as siding, I think I will have to do a test board - it will either work really well or not at all.  I have however pretty much ruled out stucco, stone, or any combo of the two - but brick would look sharp.  This would make it look more like an Ontario country house than a maritime country house.. decisions decisions.

I am happy to report however that there was no cracking whatsoever!  I think I may have nailed this technique :)

No comments:

Post a Comment