Saturday, July 16, 2011

Chantilly - Day 7


Day 7 was a rather mundane day as far as progress.  I spent most of the time sanding and varnishing (floors), staining and gluing (stairs, attic roof pieces).  I was having a difficult time getting the attic floor to sit properly until finally I'd had enough.  I'd just get one end glued and start working on the other when it would pop out again.  I tried my trust book trick but alas the house has a stronger will than first anticipated.  It was time for the clamp.

The clamp works rather well, I'd been concerned about using it on such delicate wood but it held up well and the snug fit hasn't budged in the last few hours.

While the glue was setting I started working on the stairs, adding trim along the edge of the case and decided on pulling the white paint down off the spindles on to the upper portion of the frame as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment