Thursday, July 14, 2011

Chantilly - Day 5

Day 5 was apparently a day of deliveries rather than shopping, which is just fine by me because I've already forgotten what I have ordered.  The result of this, well it's much like Christmas :)  The day started with the deliver of my Glencroft, followed by the delivery of my fireplace (remember I demanded it faster from the universe just yesterday), the brass bed, a stack of HOM furniture which is sadly in full scale (how do you think I justified the Glencroft), and the tiny doorknobs for the Chantilly which I haven't opened yet.

I then motored over to the hobby store to pick up more balsa wood, but missed them by 5 minutes, no biggie there's a Michaels around the corner and I wanted to go look at paper there anyway.  I got some of the wood only it was the wrong size, and some paper, as well as some pecan stain for the flooring.





 I'm not sure if the wallpaper is turning the floor orange or if it's actually the colour of the stain, but it's turning into an interesting room for sure.I did another dry fit on the stairs, which is good because my first approximation was completely out to lunch, got the floor laid, carpet down, and wallpapering out of the way. If only real life renovations were this quick to complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment